Registration for the 2011 NUIN Retreat is now open.
Please register by Friday September 9th via this link: https://form.qcenter.com/register/home.asp?EventID=487&r=1
Note that in contrast to past years, you will be able to modify/update your registration as necessary. If you know you will come but don’t know if you’ll want to ride the bus or bring a poster, please register now and return later with the additional information.
- The cost of the retreat will be $65 per person. Note that this represents a small fraction of the true cost of attendance; over 80% of the retreat cost is borne by the Feinberg School of Medicine and The Graduate School.
- The cost of the retreat for any lab will be capped at 4x$65=$260. For labs sending >4 people, NUIN will cover the full cost of additional attendees beyond 4.
- This per person cost structure differs from that used in the past, i.e. a fixed amount per lab, but based on past data most labs will pay less with the new cost structure.
- During registration you will be asked to provide the name of the laboratory that you are affiliated with. After the retreat, NUIN will work with the departments to charge the individual laboratories. Please make sure you have your PI’s permission to attend the retreat.
- We’ve listened to the feedback and NUIN will be providing coach buses this year!
- There will be 2 buses to the retreat, Friday, 16Sept, one departing from Chicago campus and one departing from Evanston campus, each leaving between 12 noon and 1PM. The exact time and location will be sent you later.
- There will be 2 buses returning from the retreat, Saturday, 17Sept, one at 3:30 pm and one at 5:00 pm. Both buses will make stops on each campus and possibly a location in between. You do not need to specify at this time which bus (if any) you plan to take.
- There is plenty of free parking for anyone wishing to drive to the Q center
- We would like to have as many labs as possible present a poster at Friday’s poster session
- Please provide a title and author list by 09Sept via the registration link. Only Poster Authors and Titles submitted by September 9th will be listed in the Retreat Booklet. You may add this information to your registration at any time. (Only one author needs provide the information.)
The Retreat Agenda Is Attached. Additional and updated information will be added to the NUIN web site: http://nuin.northwestern.edu/2011-nuin-retreat/
Please contact Sharon Stade
phone: 312-503-4305 with any questions.
We look forward to seeing you on September 16th. Thank You!
AGENDA Click here to download as a PDF
Q Center, 1405 North Fifth Avenue, St. Charles, IL 60174
Friday, September 16th
|1:00 PM – 3:00 PM:||Check-in|
|3:00 PM – 4:00 PM:||Welcome/Overview and Introduction of incoming class|
|4:00 PM – 4:30 PM:||Faculty Talk: Anis Contractor, PhD (Physiology)|
|4:30 PM – 4:45 PM:||Break|
|4:45 PM – 5:15 PM:||Faculty Talk: James Booth, PhD (Communications Sciences and Disorders)|
|5:15 PM – 5:45 PM:||Faculty Talk: Dan Dombeck, PhD (Neurobiology)|
|5:45 PM – 7:15 PM:||Poster Reception|
|7:30 PM – 8:30 PM:||Dinner|
Saturday, September 17th
|8:00 AM – 9:00 AM:||Breakfast|
|9:00 AM – 9:30 AM:||Faculty Talk: Yong-‐Chao Ma, PhD (Pediatrics)|
|9:30 AM – 9:50 AM:||Student Talk: Mark Cembrowski (Riecke/Kath Labs, Applied Math)|
|9:50 AM – 10:10 AM:||Student Talk: Kelly Jones (Penzes Lab, Physiology)|
|10:10 AM – 10:30 AM:||Student Talk: Taro Kiritani (Shepherd Lab, Physiology)|
|10:30 AM – 10:40 AM:||Break|
|10:40 AM – 11:10 AM:||Faculty Talk: Catherine Woolley, PhD (Neurobiology)|
|11:10 AM – 11:30 AM:||Postdoc Talk: Mark Sheffield, PhD (Spruston Lab, Neurobiology)|
|11:30 AM – 12:10 PM:||Shorts (8 x 5 min)|
|12:10 PM – 1:30 PM:||Lunch|
|1:30 PM – 2:30 PM:||Keynote Address: Jack Kessler, MD (Neurology)|
|2:30 PM – 4:30 PM:||Free Time|
|3:30 PM:||Bus #1 Departs|
|5:00 PM:||Bus #2 Departs|